If you are importing goods into Ireland on a temporary basis such as samples, professional equipment, or exhibitions you will need a temporary admission authorisation.
This allows businesses to import goods without having to pay duty or VAT.
To receive temporary admission, you must meet certain conditions, such as:
· The goods must remain unchanged apart from normal depreciation
· It must be possible to identify the goods at re-export
· Security must be provided in the form of a deposit to revenue or a guarantee
· The goods must be re-exported within the period specified by revenue at the time of importation
· The correct procedures must be followed at import and re-export of the goods
C&L Declarations offer help on applying for a temporary admission, if you have any queries on temporary admission authorisations, feel free to contact us.