If you are a trader looking to export/import goods into or out of the European Union, it is required that you have an Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number.
A EORI number contains IE followed by your VAT number, to register your EORI number follow these 10 simple steps:
- Login to your ROS account.
- Click on the "My Services" tab.
- Select "Manage Tax Registrations".
- Click "Register" besides "Customs & Excise".
- Click the check box besides "Will you be importing/exporting goods to/from the EU"
- Select an EORI number on the drop-down list.
- Click "Consent to publish" so that trading partners will be able to verify that you are a legitimate business.
- Click "Add to your requests”.
- Click submit on the bottom right-hand corner to proceed.
- Once you have reviewed that everything is correct click "Sign and Submit".
Once you register your EORI number it can be used on any customs declarations lodged in Ireland.
Click here to find out if your business has already registered a EORI number: